This manual has been prepared for the use of Branch officials to assist in the effective conduct
of Branch elections. It is based upon the Constitution and By-Laws for Units.
THE SEPTEMBER MEETING OF THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
A. DECISIONS TO BE MADE BY THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
1. The General Membership determines the date, time, and location for the election. If the
Branch has bylaws that address these issues, then General Membership action is not
required. This can be done at the August meeting by vote of the General Membership or by
2. All Elections will be conducted by the National Office using Election Buddy.
3. The General Membership determines the number of members to be elected to the
Nominating Committee (5-15).
4. The General Membership determines the number of at-large members to be elected to the
Executive Committee. If the Branch has approved bylaws that address this issue, then
General Membership action is not required.
1. Only members in good standing are eligible to vote. (For the purpose of voting in Branch
elections, good standing is member 30 days prior to the election.)
2. Each voter is required to have a valid email address. Please make sure the email of
members of your unit are correct in the NAACP Member Portal. Ballots will be sent
electronically to the email of record.
2. During the voting period, members will be able to complete their vote and will receive a
verification that the vote has been received.
3. If on election day you have not received a ballot, the member should check with the
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL MANUAL: 2022 Election Procedure Manual (Revised) (1) (1)